Monday 27 August 2012

Mr. Nice Guy
















Did you really expect me to work at the factory?
The heat of liquid metal, oiling my skin black as your heart
Did you expect me to drink with your factory friends
Dark bars and secrets that would chill my blood
Oh yes, I know you factory dad
Factory hands are most efficient when there's work to be done
You were hard all the way, inside and out
Even your tears burned hot, and such passion I only believed to exist
In movie houses where monsters and childeaters lived
Factory man.  scary man.  so many visions, no rest
Passing the houses like Frankenstein's creature, each step coming closer
Did you really expect me to stay silent?
Locked in your factory where you manufacture fear
What dreams you make, what joy you have deprived me
Your voice...soft...oh please, let it be soft
Clumsy by nature, love the ones...
Free me father
Factory son
Factory family
We work so hard to protect our cruel lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment